Manually Closing Ports

From: Security Sleuth (guest@guest.com)
Date: 12/12/02

From: "Security Sleuth" <guest@guest.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 22:52:42 -0500

Hello Everyone.

Here's a question that I've not yet been able to answer:

>From the Command Line is either Windows 2000 Server or NT 4 Server.... How
do you manually close ports? I know it can be in the advanced area of the
networks properties applet but I wonder if it can be done manually. Anybody
out there know?

Even though we have the router properly configured and the firewalls
properly configured, we still show certain ports open such as 6666 or some
others. We have run various anti-trojan programs and no trojans exist but
we want to close these port. I know there has to be a way...

Thanks for the help

The Security Sleuth....

Relevant Pages

  • Manually Closing Ports....
    ... I know it can be in the advanced area of the ... we still show certain ports open such as ... We have run various anti-trojan programs and no trojans exist but ...
  • Manually Closing Ports
    ... I know it can be in the advanced area of the ... we still show certain ports open such as ... We have run various anti-trojan programs and no trojans exist but ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: help with SyGate needed
    ... >> After I installed Sygate and the computer restarted, ... a message window popped up asking me ... > those trojans use this port for communication. ... >> We have determined that you have a firewall blocking UDP ports! ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Think Ive got trouble
    ... Some Trojans can be "adjusted" to listen on practically ANY port, ... rely on lists of known ports used by known Trojans. ... > You might wanna download the free LANGUARD Network scanner from GFI ... >>We began having trouble with our exchange server. ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • RE: rooted NT/2K boxen?
    ... Hrmm, netstat -an comes to my mind quickly, as it lists all ports in use but ... > It is completely possible to take over a Windows NT/2K box... ... > control there are a bunch of remote administration trojans, ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)