Manually Closing Ports

From: Security Sleuth (guest@guest.com)
Date: 12/12/02

From: "Security Sleuth" <guest@guest.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 22:52:42 -0500

Hello Everyone.

Here's a question that I've not yet been able to answer:

>From the Command Line is either Windows 2000 Server or NT 4 Server.... How
do you manually close ports? I know it can be in the advanced area of the
networks properties applet but I wonder if it can be done manually. Anybody
out there know?

Even though we have the router properly configured and the firewalls
properly configured, we still show certain ports open such as 6666 or some
others. We have run various anti-trojan programs and no trojans exist but
we want to close these port. I know there has to be a way...

Thanks for the help

The Security Sleuth....