Re: Smart Card Interactive Logon

From: Eric Chamberlain (telogix@hotmail.com)
Date: 12/08/02

From: "Eric Chamberlain" <telogix@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2002 13:58:17 -0800

Native support for smartcard logon on XP is only available in a domain
environment. Your smartcard vendor would have to provide a custom GINA for
logon in a standalone configuration.

--
Eric Chamberlain, CISSP
"Robert" <syndicate006@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I recently purchased a smart card and a smart card reader
> for secure email, and secure local desktop logon.  I can
> not seem to figure out how to enable Windows XP
> Professional to use my smart card for the "Interactive
> logon: Smart card removal behavior."  I am the only
> computer on my network, running 512mb ram, 2 2.0GHz Intel
> Xeon processors.  I appcreciate any help,
>
> Robert

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Problems loggin in Windows Vista with a smart card enabled acc
    ... account configured for smart card logon in Windows Vista. ... in the paper published by Microsoft that is titled 'Windows Vista Smart Card ... The provider may be returning a "no PIN prompt" flag and the SC ... press CTRL + ALT + DEL to be able to log on with a different account. ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • Re: Problems loggin in Windows Vista with a smart card enabled acc
    ... account configured for smart card logon in Windows Vista. ... in the paper published by Microsoft that is titled 'Windows Vista Smart Card ... The provider may be returning a "no PIN prompt" flag and the SC ... The second tile says "other user" ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • Re: Problems loggin in Windows Vista with a smart card enabled acc
    ... account configured for smart card logon in Windows Vista. ... in the paper published by Microsoft that is titled 'Windows Vista Smart Card ... press CTRL + ALT + DEL to be able to log on with a different account. ... In the hint I write the account I want to log on to: ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • Re: Local system and user account - registry
    ... If their account is set to to use a Smart Card then they are forced to use a Smart ... Either they logon as "User Name" or with a Smart Card. ... Since you're checking this registry value in your script I'm assuming ... or a logon with a UPN will both cause your script to ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: iis smart card logon and delegation
    ... Is the IIS server joined to the domain? ... >> Guidelines for Enabling Smart Card Logon with Third-Party Certification ... >>> after the authentication the web application tries to connect ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)