Re: critical updates

From: Tom Meunier (tom.meunier@courts.state.tx.us.ban.spam)
Date: 12/06/02

From: "Tom Meunier" <tom.meunier@courts.state.tx.us.ban.spam>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 16:08:45 -0600

What do you see when you go to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com and check
for new updates?

"K. Berge" <jmarkb@attbi.com> wrote in message
news:005f01c29cf8$4f0a9030$8ef82ecf@TK2MSFTNGXA04...
> Why is it that every time I start my computer and am in a
> browser (I.E. or Netscape) or Outlook Express, a box opens
> stating that critical updates are available for
> installation, yet when I click to install the check notes
> no updates available?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Update Wizard parameters
    ... Command Line Parameter Distribute Software Updates Wizard Setting ... > specified in the Allow user to postpone installation box. ... The range of values for this switch is from zero to 999 hours. ...
    (microsoft.public.sms.admin)
  • Re: SUM Question
    ... If the reboot variable is '1' at the end of the package, ... I advertise the package via SMS, and set the option 'package reboots ... Install all updates without reboots between them (/norestart switch on ... >> Capable of Scan and Installation. ...
    (microsoft.public.sms.admin)
  • Re: Update Wizard parameters
    ... specified in the Allow user to postpone installation box. ... installation setting on the first Configure Agent Settings page. ... switch is used as the default setting when the Distribute Software Updates ... Wizard configures the program command line for the Software Updates ...
    (microsoft.public.sms.admin)
  • Re: Missing Windows update reported as a vulnerability by TMH and BA
    ... installation, I was given the option to download and install immediately any IE7 updates along with the IE7 installation. ... I ticked that checkbox, and started the installation, but at the end of the process, i was told that not all the IE7 updates were successfully installed, and that i should reboot my computer, then open Internet Explorer and go to the 'Windows Update' site to install any remainder updates. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • RE: windows will not run updates to download
    ... for installation. ... To install the updates, an administrator should log on to ... this computer and Windows will prompt with further instructions: ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)