Re: Should I use a router?

From: Lanwench [MVP - Exchange] (lanwench@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.yahoo.com)
Date: 12/05/02

From: "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" <lanwench@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 13:32:27 -0500

See www.sonicwall.com and check out one of their firewall products.

Jeff wrote:
> Hi guys!
>
> I am currently working on a 20 pc network, that only uses
> NT/Proxy 2 for it's security. Is this enough? It was my
> understanding that Proxy 2 only filters external
> connections.
>
> I was thinking of installing a D-link router. Would this
> be helpful? What added benifits would I get for this?
>
> Your input is appreciated!
>
> Jeff

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Event ID 524 even with network access OKd
    ... Thanks, Jeff, I will try these things. ... SYSTEM is allowed to access from network, ... >>event showing up in the Security log, ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Connecting 54k dial up through 3com888 - small problem
    ... > dial up over a 54g network. ... > Jeff Liebermann provided me with some valuable info on the process. ... > The boot on LAN is deactivated in the desktop PC BIOS. ... Rob ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)
  • Re: HP2210 w/Linksys WCF54G wifi card (JC)
    ... the WEP settings are virtually identical...ie. ... "Jeff Cunningham" wrote in message ... Yes I am using WEP 128bit encryption. ... When I check one of the profiles, no "Network name" shows up and I ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc.wireless)
  • Re: ConnectComputer error log
    ... Jeff - Thanks for addressing my questions so quickly. ... error message. ... > RDP is remote desktop protocol....also known as Terminal Services. ... >> Where do I get the Network Protocols to reinstall? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Peer to peer wifi setup