Should I use a router?

From: Jeff (canadianguy26@hotmail.com)
Date: 12/05/02

From: "Jeff" <canadianguy26@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 07:12:33 -0800

Hi guys!

I am currently working on a 20 pc network, that only uses
NT/Proxy 2 for it's security. Is this enough? It was my
understanding that Proxy 2 only filters external
connections.

I was thinking of installing a D-link router. Would this
be helpful? What added benifits would I get for this?

Your input is appreciated!

Jeff

Relevant Pages

  • Re: get ip
    ... |> 1) You didn't read my posts because I never mentioned security. ... | scans all-be-it if the access is through a proxy then there is no ... it goes to the local intranet server for that location. ... for future verification. ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.jscript)
  • Re: Thousands of 537 Events in Security Log
    ... I managed to get the Messaging Security Agent to install by not installing ... I have configured proxy settings for both Update and Tracking and Web ... An error occurred during logon ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Comodo blocking port forwarding
    ... on port 80 via a proxy, and the proxy does both DNS forwarding and HTTP proxying. ... Would you persuade people not to use AV? ... That is, if they really decide to use a virus scanner, I'd persuade them to not rely on it as a security measure, since most of them do. ... And now a wrong analogy between the analogue and the digital world, as well as a wrong analogy between biological diseases and computer security problems. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: AppArmor FAQ
    ... don't require changing applications. ... modified to be SELinux aware - only a small handful of security aware ... bits in addition to ACLs or an SELinux label. ... understanding both SELinux policies and AppArmor profiles is ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • RE: just starting as Traffic Analyst
    ... GIAC Certified Intrusion Analysts have the knowledge, skills, and abilities to configure and monitor intrusion detection systems, and to read, interpret, and analyze network traffic and related log files. ... The candidate will show a fundamental understanding of abnormal looking network traffic that results from specific hacking techniques. ... The candidate will demonstrate a fundamental understanding of advanced Snort concepts such as rule ordering, ... Information Assurance/Network Security Manager ...
    (Security-Basics)