Re: Annoying Winxp popups

From: Glenn Phillips (glennp@null.net.nz)
Date: 12/04/02

From: "Glenn Phillips" <glennp@null.net.nz>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 10:05:55 +1300

> How do you enable Internet Connection Firewall?

Start->Control Panel->Network Connections.

Find the connection you use to connect to the Internet.

Right Click on that connection. Open the advanced tab, tick the box that
says "Protect this computer by..."

HTH,
Glenn

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Firewall
    ... Find the icon for your connection and right click on it ... and click properties and click the advanced tab at the top, ... an option called "Internet Connection Firewall", ... > I NEED HELP ENABLEING WINDOWS XP's FIREWALL, ...
  • Firewall
    ... Internet Connection Firewall. ... >THE CONNECTION - ADVANCED TAB. ...
  • Network Connections
    ... I am trying to enable Internet connection firewall and also change my ... "change settings" in the left hand window, ... Can anyone tell why these settings boxes don't open, and how I can get them ...
  • Idle Time Setting
    ... I am trying to enable Internet connection firewall and also change my ... connection, but when I click on "change settings" in the left hand window, ... Can anyone tell why these settings boxes don't open, and how I can get them ...
  • Enabling Internet Connection Firewall/(ICF)
    ... Is there a connection there that 'Local Area Connection'? ... >Dear Microsoft: ... >I am trying to enable Internet Connection Firewall on my ...