Re: Changing Desktops (stopping it)

From: sms admin \(real name david manor\) (notlikely@you.com)
Date: 12/03/02

From: "sms admin \(real name david manor\)" <notlikely@you.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 16:34:13 -0500

msnews, that was your normal helpful response. i'm surprised you didn't
somehow think this was a flaw in Windows or some sort of microsoft
conspiracy.

as for a possible solution to the original question, you can use either NT
system policies (NT 4) or group policy (win2k) to remove the right click
context menu in IE so that users can't right click on a picture and set it
as their wallpaper. you can get that security template as part of the zero
administration kit, and i think you can even build it into your IE 6 install
itself.

"msnews" <ef_hutton@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Bitch slap them a few times.
>

> "Ryan Brennan" <rbrennan@westernchristian.ca> wrote in message
> > How can I stop my students from changing the desktop from
> > IE6?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Good news for SPARC
    ... > Any of these three could more or less negate the flood of Microsoft OS ... straightforward in the Unix world for a mailer to do exactly the sort ... This really isn't a flaw that's inherent in windows but not ... Department of Computer Science ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: Good news for SPARC
    ... > Any of these three could more or less negate the flood of Microsoft OS ... straightforward in the Unix world for a mailer to do exactly the sort ... This really isn't a flaw that's inherent in windows but not ... Department of Computer Science ...
    (comp.sys.sun.hardware)
  • Re: Boeing 747 & 777 autoland in crosswind certification video - impressive!
    ... the fact that Microsoft has engaged in criminal conspiracies (and ... >> actual criminal acts by the way) is a matter of record. ... engaging in a conspiracy and improving the user experience are ... Windows wasn't even a predominate operating ...
    (rec.aviation.piloting)
  • Re: seeking info on Microsofts spyware
    ... conspiracy because your computer frequently exchanges packets with some ... > terms you search for in the 'Windows Help' to MS. ... I know Microsoft is always quick to explain ... things and there are many things that are concerns in respect to privacy ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: SP2 and XP
    ... >Perhaps Microsoft should have done some sort of test, but the fact is, ... Look at the number of massive security holes they have ... be the greatest little toy to have vast parts of windows installed behind ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)