Re: the gater corp

From: Karl Levinson [x y] mvp (levinson_k@excite.com)
Date: 12/03/02

From: "Karl Levinson [x y] mvp" <levinson_k@excite.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 23:11:28 -0500

"allen" <cooldude124@msn.com> wrote in message
news:09a401c29a72$96bf1690$8df82ecf@TK2MSFTNGXA02...
> i cant unstall gater software off of my coumpter and how
> did it get in there in the ferest playce and why i get
> those nasty pop ups it driveing mad

Gator frequently gets installed with other free software that you chose to
download and install. During the install it usually clearly tells you that
Gator is about to be installed and do you want to cancel the Gator install.
You can try using free or not-free software that blocks both adware and
pop-ups:

http://securityadmin.info/faq.htm#pop-ups

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Is this what it looks like?
    ... >I recently did a software search for educational games and such for my ... >All of their stuff is free, ostensibly subsidized by Gator, a company ... >download: "As part of the install, we install a small program that ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Is this what it looks like?
    ... I recently did a software search for educational games and such for my ... All of their stuff is free, ostensibly subsidized by Gator, a company ... download: "As part of the install, we install a small program that ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Is this what it looks like?
    ... I recently did a software search for educational games and such for my ... All of their stuff is free, ostensibly subsidized by Gator, a company ... download: "As part of the install, we install a small program that ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Gator vs ?
    ... >> remembering passwords etc. Can someone tell me how to set up XP to ... >> remove this vile Program {gator} and still keep the wife happy? ... > magically install themselves on anyone's computer. ... > every computer user to learn how to secure his/her own computer. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Firewalls and spyware
    ... >>Are you asking if you can go ahead and install some programs to which you are ... I block it in KPF ... that amgrsrvc.exe is on the same level as Gator or Cydoor, ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)