Re: security for child's new e-mail address

From: Karl Levinson [x y] mvp (jamescagney90210@excite.com)
Date: 12/01/02

From: "Karl Levinson [x y] mvp" <jamescagney90210@excite.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2002 08:04:21 -0500

In addition to the advice below, in order to try to do what you are trying
to do, I would suggest considering

* one or more methods of spam prevention [including possibly trying one of
the free spam blocking software programs out there] as well as
* one or more software programs that will block adware and popups, and also
* an internet content filtering software or hardware solution.

You can find both free and not-free software and tips to try to accomplish
these things at:

http://securityadmin.info/faq.htm#spam
http://securityadmin.info/faq.htm#pop-ups
http://securityadmin.info/faq.htm#contentfilter

While you're at it, if you don't have a firewall and an antivirus program
that is set to download the latest updates every day, you need these.
www.sygate.com and www.grisoft.com are free firewall and antivirus software,
so there's no excuse. Other options and more information is at:

http://securityadmin.info/faq.htm#firewall
http://securityadmin.info/faq.htm#virus