Re: Trojan Horses Popular To The Malicious Hackers

From: ThePsyko (thepsyko@itookmyprozac.com)
Date: 11/21/02

From: ThePsyko <thepsyko@itookmyprozac.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 01:08:54 GMT

On 19 Nov 2002 in alt.hackers.malicious, "Karl Levinson [x y] mvp"
<levinson_k@excite.com> made his/her contribution to mankind by stating
in news:ephLBCAkCHA.2848@tkmsftngp10:

> And, as you may already know, neither hardware nor software firewall
> are very effective today against incoming trojan / virus infections
> that are delivered through email, through a vulnerable chat client
> like IRC or AIM which can be exploited for remote control, etc.
>
> These tools and methods are not terribly common today, but a hacker
> could use them, and they could become more common in the future.

I would beg to differ on this one point... while I agree that there's
very little out there available to the script kiddies, I've seen some
very creative coders kicking around this very idea - the primary
difference being that it's used as more of a backdoor than a trojan (IOW
it's placed without user intervention)

--
ThePsyko
Public Enemy #7

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Trojan Horses Popular To The Malicious Hackers
    ... > are very effective today against incoming trojan / virus infections ... > These tools and methods are not terribly common today, ... I would beg to differ on this one point... ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: Trojan Horses Popular To The Malicious Hackers
    ... > are very effective today against incoming trojan / virus infections ... > These tools and methods are not terribly common today, ... I would beg to differ on this one point... ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)