Re: messenger service popup

From: Mr C (none@spamme.com)
Date: 10/28/02

From: "Mr C" <none@spamme.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 15:44:23 -0000

As i understand it, you can Net Send to a specific IP address or host
(/me quickly tests)
yup, you can
the easiest way of blocking this is once again Firewalling off your 135-139
ports from the internet.
This Really should be firewalled you know, especially these days.

There may be ways of blocking this without installing / messing round with a
firewall, i'll have to have a better look at it.

A few Questions for you
How are you connected to the internet ?
What environment do you use windows in?
How clued up are you on TCP/IP