Re: Windows 2000 Security Updates

From: karl [x y] (jamescagney90210@excite.com)
Date: 08/14/02

From: "karl [x y]" <jamescagney90210@excite.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 08:03:57 -0400

"Kyla" <kyla.storm@virgin.net> wrote in message
news:248d01c24371$1b743040$39ef2ecf@TKMSFTNGXA08...
> Where can I find a list of all security updates/patches
> etc for Windows 2000 since it was launched?

.. additionally, you could probably go to the Readme files of Win2000 SP1,
SP2 and SP3 to get a list of the patches contained within and also add in
the post-SP3 patches released as listed at www.microsoft.com/security. This
might be a little less comprehensive.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: MS09-051 needed for XP Pro SP2?
    ... mentioned SP2 as well as SP3. ... does XP Pro SP2 need the Windows Media Runtime patches? ... indicates that the patches apply only to XP SP3. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: dont have SP2 installed and try to go back from SP3, what hap
    ... You want SP2 because SP3 won't let ... If you don't have SP2 installed and try to go back from SP3, ... You restored/cleanly installed Windows XP SP1. ... You know you can install whatever Service Pack you desire - right? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)
  • Re: dont have SP2 installed and try to go back from SP3, what hap
    ... You want SP2 because SP3 won't let ... If you don't have SP2 installed and try to go back from SP3, ... You restored/cleanly installed Windows XP SP1. ... You know you can install whatever Service Pack you desire - right? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)
  • Re: Why update to SP3?
    ... You can still run Windows 98, and Windows 2000 fine, for example. ... SP3 is also somewhat slower and bulkier than SP2 ... 98 has resource problems and needs to be rebooted frequently and 2000 just doesn't know what to do if there is a hardware problem. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Windows XP Service Pack 0?
    ... MS MVP Windows Shell/User ... >I know they are Windows Updates, that's what those keys are for. ... > I *know* SP3 does not exist. ... Any of those updates that are newer than SP2 are ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)