Disable Outlook Express 6 from removing access to attachments

From: David Graves (GrayOak@pacbell.net)
Date: 08/05/02

From: "David Graves" <GrayOak@pacbell.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2002 17:55:47 -0700

I an running Windows 2000 fully patched with IE 6 and
Outlook Express 6. After installing the latest security
patches, Outlook Express now removes access from
attachments it thinks are unsafe. Is there a way to turn
off this feature?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Suspicious email allegedly from Microsoft
    ... The attachments have different file names. ... > Microsoft never sends unsolicited files by email. ... > It is a virus masquerading as MS security. ... Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Outlook Express, and ...
  • Re: OE blocking incoming attachments in email
    ... Click the File Types tab. ... To disable the "Do not allow attachments to be ... saved or opened that could potentially be a virus" security feature: ... Start Outlook Express. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Multiple Infected EMails
    ... >AND the ones that look like Microsoft security notices: ... >contained another type of security threat. ... >No attachments are in this category. ... MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Multiple Infected EMails
    ... >AND the ones that look like Microsoft security notices: ... >contained another type of security threat. ... >No attachments are in this category. ... MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: I certainly love to hate Outlook blocking attachments
    ... me got blocked by Outlook, I finally came across William Kennedy's ... at their behest and then others then bitch about too much security. ... blocking such attachments by default so that unwary or novice users are ... settings in their UI. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.general)