Re: ISA vs Cisco Secure Pix 506 Firewall?

From: x y (jamescagney90210@excite.com)
Date: 06/30/02

From: "x y" <jamescagney90210@excite.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 08:21:56 -0400

I agree. If you haven't configured a firewall before, you probably want to
hire a consultant, although you should expect that even they will probably
not set it up the most secure way possible, so you still want to learn about
how to configure a firewall yourself to possibly correct their mistakes
later. For starters, a big mistake I've seen is not setting up any
filtering on outbound connections. Ask them some good questions during the
interview stage.

"Susan Bradley, CPA aka "Ebitz" SBS Rocks [MVP]" <sbradcpa@pacbell.net>
wrote in message news:3D1E6BB6.20003D8E@pacbell.net...
> Neither one is worth a darn if they aren't set up properly ;<)
>
> https://secure.foundstone.com/pdf/isaserver_wp.pdf
>
> Foundstone's review of ISA
> Susan B.
>
> gms wrote:
>
> > Is there any written evidence that ISA is a better
> > solution than Cisco Secure Pix 506 Firewall? I would
> > prefer urls, white papers, and/or documentation to support
> > this ASAP.
> >
> > Thanks, in advance...
> > gms
> > (please reply to above email address)

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Newbie needs some help
    ... > about firewalls for Linux. ... Can anyone recommend a firewall that would be ... GUI tools are also available for configuring iptables. ... no body is perfect and mistakes DO ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: Newbie needs some help
    ... > about firewalls for Linux. ... Can anyone recommend a firewall that would be ... GUI tools are also available for configuring iptables. ... no body is perfect and mistakes DO ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: Newbie needs some help
    ... > about firewalls for Linux. ... Can anyone recommend a firewall that would be ... GUI tools are also available for configuring iptables. ... no body is perfect and mistakes DO ...
    (comp.os.linux)
  • Re: Newbie needs some help
    ... > about firewalls for Linux. ... Can anyone recommend a firewall that would be ... GUI tools are also available for configuring iptables. ... no body is perfect and mistakes DO ...
    (alt.linux)
  • Re: Security experts criticize an SBS installation
    ... And again, the are clearly talking about ISA setup as a firewall, not on a non-Dedicated box. ... There are SO MANY MISTAKES a SBS Admin can make that could impact the security of the ISA protection. ... Yes, the same could be said about the same person doing ISA on a dedicated box, but, the same person, on a appliance is less likely to make those same type of mistakes without knowing it. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)