Re: Software Inventory??

From: Richard Hilton (richard.hilton@hcgltd.com)
Date: 06/26/02

From: richard.hilton@hcgltd.com (Richard Hilton)
Date: 26 Jun 2002 10:27:36 -0700

Arnt Karlsen <arnt@c2i.net> wrote in message news:<pan.2002.06.17.22.34.02.900192.32025@c2i.net>...
> .on Mon, 17 Jun 2002 22:03:04 +0200, "x y" <jamescagney90210@excite.com>
> wrote in message <eWb8TojFCHA.1856@cpimsnntpa03>:
> >
> > "Jeff Lemay" <jeff1penny@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >> Thanks for the quick response.....I don't mind paying for something
> >> that is going to be quality......If you have any recommendations for
> >> products, I can determine whether the "price is right" later....thank
> >> you
> >
> > Sorry, I'm not familiar with commercial auditing tools, just the free
> > ones. Each of the free ones IMHO had particular drawbacks, but I'm
> > having trouble recalling what they were. Maybe someone else here has an
> > opinion.
>
> ..myself, I consider "running on gpl'ed os'es", a _requirement_.

Hi Jeff

Just wanted to suggest you look at our product, Stealth Audit. Its
does hardware, software inventories plus much more. It requires no
client installation and is very easy to configure. It comes with the
MSDE (Microsoft Desktop Edition of SQL Server 1.1) which works fine
for up to 500-600 pcs or you can use SQL Server or Oracle as the
underlying database. Finally, the software can be purchased or rented
at a very inexpensive cost but a full working version, with a
5 pc limit, can be downloaded from our site. Simply go to
www.hcgltd.com then select Solutions, then IT Asset Management, then
evaluation.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards

Richard Hilton
Hilton Consulting Group
613.544.5542

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Which hardware upgrades are more important
    ... >> but it will be upsized to SQL Server. ... > More is always better when it comes to RAM. ... > connection and it made TS access substantially more snappy. ... I treat each Access user as a power user when Microsoft's recommendations ...
    (comp.databases.ms-access)
  • Re: Query Analysis
    ... I would not rely on this recommedation especially of SQL Server 2000. ... I decided to capture trace using profiler. ... Some of the recommendations buggled my mind. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.server)
  • Re: 2003 & SQL 2000 clustering Memory
    ... The recommendations are based on the following KB article and also ... How to configure memory for more than 2 GB in SQL Server ... SQL Server Support Engineer, Microsoft ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.clustering)
  • Re: Which hardware upgrades are more important
    ... > but it will be upsized to SQL Server. ... recommendations are, but I like to have 256MBs per concurrent user. ... More is always better when it comes to RAM. ... Don't forget about the bandwidth of your connection. ...
    (comp.databases.ms-access)