Re: WIndows 98 Security
From: Ned Flanders (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Next message: Rudy: "Users get locked out in Win XP"
- Previous message: Ned Flanders: "Re: Content Advisor"
- In reply to: Johne Collins: "WIndows 98 Security"
- Next in thread: Kevin Golding: "Re: WIndows 98 Security"
- Messages sorted by: [ date ] [ thread ] [ subject ] [ author ] [ attachment ]
From: "Ned Flanders" <email@example.com> Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 10:51:10 -0500
Totally normal. If you want to tighten up Win98 (as much as that OS *can*
be tightened up...not much....) have a look at:
"Johne Collins" <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote in message
> During logon, I can bypass the "password requirement" by
> simply clicking the "cance" button. Is this normal in 98?
> My 98 version is a pre-installed (IBM Thinkpad) and I
> recognise that there may be some "peculiarities" to
> accommodate this laptop config.
> I searched the Knowledge Base but could find nothing
> related under either 98 or security topics - I admit
> defeat in ploughing through the 69 pages of security
> Any assistance would be appreciated.