Re: No new posts since 6/13

From: Branimir Petrovic (NoBody@NoWhere.net)
Date: 06/24/02

Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 10:25:59 -0400
From: Branimir Petrovic <NoBody@NoWhere.net>
To: Brett Goodman <bmgoodman99@99bigfoot.com>

Brett Goodman wrote:
> Is this group still active? I seem to have no new posts since 13 June.
>
> Thanks.

Something funny goes on with MS newsgroups. Using OE 6 I too can not see
new security's newsgroup posts on msnews.microsoft.com. But my cut
off date is June 19. Also WSH newsgroup on the very same server do not
show any activity as well (also from 19 June).

Interestingly - do use different client - and you will see that these
groups are active. For this reply I am using Mozilla and not only that
it posts (as it should), it also shows activity in 'frozen in time'
newsgroups. Who'd say such a day would come (when open sorurce-d news
client becomes the only one that works with MS newsgroups)...

Branimir