Preventing user from installing programs

From: Gaurab Dey (gaurab_dey@yahoo.com)
Date: 06/21/02

From: "Gaurab Dey" <gaurab_dey@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 20:43:50 -0700

Hi,

How can I prevent a user who has logged on locally on a
windows NT Server 4.0 (Service pack 4) from installing and
deinstalling programs.

Thanks,
Gaurab.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: RANT ! SP2 !
    ... That's the bottom line and the service pack is only 3 months old and thus well within the tolerance window of not installing it on our systems. ... Open a command prompt. ... Server 2003 SP2 on a computer that is running Windows Small Business ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: SP4 problem
    ... I would reccomend installing the latest Office Service pack which ... and also-- you have SP4 on your desktop and on the server? ... it's really practical to install an Olap Service pack on the desktop; ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.olap)
  • SBS2003: attempts to install Exchange SP1 or SP2 fail
    ... "Downloading and Installing Windows Small Business Server 2003 Service Pack ... I receive the following error when Exchange SP1 is installed: ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Problems with DNS
    ... There is a difference between a *windows* service pack and an SBS service ... after installing SP2 there is any point in reinstalling SP1? ... I'm checking that server only when the client tells me something wrong ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Exchange issues post Windows 2003 Service Pack 1
    ... >We installed Windows 2003 Service Pack 1 this past weekend on our Exchange ... our VPN connected sites are not able to ... >hotfix described in article 899148 on the server. ... ""Installing security update MS05-019 or Windows Server 2003 Service ...