users unable to log in

From: Jim Davis (jim.davis@pes.com)
Date: 06/19/02

From: "Jim Davis" <jim.davis@pes.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 07:06:49 -0700

OK, here are some additional data points. It appears that
the machine is spontaneously rebooting every night. The
creation of new groups is not necessary, you only have to
add users to the administrators group and then remove
them. Then they can login. Again TIA. -jd

users
>from logging in (including IUSR_MACHINENAME). No other
>users could log in locally either unless they were
members
>of the administrators group.
>
>I created another group named webaccess and made
>IUSR_MACHINENAME a member and granted the right to log in
>locally to this group. Web services were functional
>although other people still couldn't login. Sometime
>between 5pm yesterday and 8am this morning that stopped
>working and the web services were unavailable again.
>Creation of a new group worked after removing
>IUSR_MACHINENAME from webaccess.
>
>I downloaded and installed all patches this afternoon and
>rebooted the machine as required. Now IUSR_MACHINENAME is
>unable to login again and the creation of a new group
>doesn't seem to help. I see nothing obvious in the logs
>other than Code Red attempts every once in a while. TIA
>for any assistance. -jd
>.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: users unable to log in
    ... > the machine is spontaneously rebooting every night. ... > creation of new groups is not necessary, ... Then they can login. ... Web services were functional ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • users unable to log in
    ... and Monday morning something happened that prevented users ... Web services were functional ... although other people still couldn't login. ... Creation of a new group worked after removing ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Calculated formulas in pivot tables
    ... Creation date in C and I used =today() ... > Each user has a login date and I'm counting the number of logins to see how ... > pivot table to display just once the number. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel)
  • Re: New User Template
    ... >over the creation of new users to the support desk but I ... >want them to only have to create the login, ... >set profiles or web access. ...
  • Calculated formulas in pivot tables
    ... Each user has a login date and I'm counting the number of logins to see how ... against their creation date to see how many days they have been an active ... pivot table to display just once the number. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel)