Re: SSL on NT4

From: David Cross [MS] (vaq130@nospam.hotmail.com)
Date: 06/19/02

From: "David Cross [MS]" <vaq130@nospam.hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 20:09:58 -0700

the application needs to call certverifyrevocation or
CertGetCertificateChain

what version of IE are you using on NT 4.0?

--
David B. Cross [MS]
http://support.microsoft.com
"Rick" <mail@server.net> wrote in message
> I'm using an LDAPS application on Windows NT4 (sp6) which should fail
> because I (locally) don't have the certificate of the CA which signed the
> LDAPS servers' certificate.  It appears as if it doesn't care that it
can't
> find the CA certificate.  Is this correct?  What system setting, if any,
> determines this behavior.
>
> Note: on Win 2000 it fails if the certificate is not installed.  This is
how
> it should behave on NT.
>

> Thank in advance,

Relevant Pages

  • Re: relation between twin primes and Sophie Germain primes
    ... Some closed great threshold forms years like Rahavan's old certificate. ... harsh nutty tenniss will fail as usual aged ants. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Does OpenSSH support X.509 Certificate format?
    ... [SNIP] ... Some command in a test script must fail. ... Testing OpenSSH client with certificates finished. ... If somebody help me with exactly how I can configure OpenSSH for certificate ...
    (SSH)
  • Re: Omega 2.5v6 MOT fail
    ... then the headlight blows - and isn't fixed. ... certificate hasn't expired, as the failure certificate acts as notice ... that the vehicle is not roadworthy. ... you, they find that a fail certifcate has been issued, they will take ...
    (uk.rec.cars.maintenance)
  • RE: SSL Certificate Check
    ... * If the domain name does match the certificate, ... The request will fail? ... > validation process for the Server Certificate if automatically done by the ...
  • Re: Fire near Wandsworth Rd distrupting Victoria services
    ... terminal is closed and barricaded off by police? ... Write them a letter and ask for a certificate. ... And if they simply fail to reply? ... (And moving on from E* for a moment, if the carrier in question is based in a foreign country you can basically forget getting any docs after the event). ...
    (uk.railway)