SSL on NT4

From: Rick (mail@server.net)
Date: 06/18/02

From: "Rick" <mail@server.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 17:02:15 -0500

I'm using an LDAPS application on Windows NT4 (sp6) which should fail
because I (locally) don't have the certificate of the CA which signed the
LDAPS servers' certificate. It appears as if it doesn't care that it can't
find the CA certificate. Is this correct? What system setting, if any,
determines this behavior.

Note: on Win 2000 it fails if the certificate is not installed. This is how
it should behave on NT.

Thank in advance,

Relevant Pages

  • Re: relation between twin primes and Sophie Germain primes
    ... Some closed great threshold forms years like Rahavan's old certificate. ... harsh nutty tenniss will fail as usual aged ants. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Does OpenSSH support X.509 Certificate format?
    ... [SNIP] ... Some command in a test script must fail. ... Testing OpenSSH client with certificates finished. ... If somebody help me with exactly how I can configure OpenSSH for certificate ...
    (SSH)
  • Re: Omega 2.5v6 MOT fail
    ... then the headlight blows - and isn't fixed. ... certificate hasn't expired, as the failure certificate acts as notice ... that the vehicle is not roadworthy. ... you, they find that a fail certifcate has been issued, they will take ...
    (uk.rec.cars.maintenance)
  • Re: SSL on NT4
    ... This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, ... > I'm using an LDAPS application on Windows NT4 which should fail ... > because I don't have the certificate of the CA which signed the ... > LDAPS servers' certificate. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • RE: SSL Certificate Check
    ... * If the domain name does match the certificate, ... The request will fail? ... > validation process for the Server Certificate if automatically done by the ...