best current comprehensive security book for Windows 2000/XP

From: byrne again (m47e191yq20o3h@directvinternet.com)
Date: 06/15/02

From: "byrne again" <m47e191yq20o3h@directvinternet.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 22:23:17 -0700

Found a new release with promise at Amazon:

The Hack-Counter Hack Training Course: A Network Security
Seminar from Ed Skoudis

Amazon says it will "published on 07 June 2002"

recovery
>from system / network compromise...
>
>My first review of available publications turned up
>Hacking Exposed, Third Edition as a possible first buy
but
>it went to print last year...
>
>Any thoughts on a better option with focus to global
>threat analysis & prevention?
>

>.

Relevant Pages

  • REVIEW: "Network Security Assessment", Chris McNab
    ... Chapter one defines network security assessment somewhere between ... Chapter twelve lists certain UNIX RPC (Remote Procedure ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • REVIEW: "Network Security Assessment", Chris McNab
    ... Chapter one defines network security assessment somewhere between ... Chapter twelve lists certain UNIX RPC (Remote Procedure ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: FW: IP Spoofs in the log - not sure what to do next
    ... >>I am seeing a steady stream of IP Spoofs in a firewall log we track for a ... (from all 10 domains of network security). ... The spoof is being detected by the ... >world's premier event for IT and network security experts. ...
    (Incidents)
  • Re: Raising the Domain and Forest Mode
    ... causing problems establing trust relationship with NT 4.0 domain. ... LDAP server signing requirements None ... Microsoft network client: ... Network security: Do not store LAN Manager hash value on next password ...