Re: Login Security

From: Ned Flanders (nedfla@hotmail.com)
Date: 06/10/02

From: "Ned Flanders" <nedfla@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 10:34:36 -0500

Like this.
http://content.techweb.com/winmag/library/1996/0796/07h03001.htm
Not foolproof, but works fairly well. Won't stop a savvy user though.

"Nate" <sm0ke@cox.net> wrote in message
> How do I keep someone from hitting cancel to get into
> windows without them having a login/passwd on my machine.
> I am using Windows98 and have setup a couple with their
> own settings, but anyone can get on this computer by
> hitting the "cancel" button at the login prompt.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Need Help with Password for Windows
    ... started it up saying "your password is going to expire in ... I kept hitting cancel or "notify me in 14 days" and when I ... How can I bypass that screen so my Windows will open ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Login Security
    ... There is a registry entry that will kind of do this for you, ... so it is not foolproof. ... > How do I keep someone from hitting cancel to get into ... > windows without them having a login/passwd on my machine. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Login Security
    ... How do I keep someone from hitting cancel to get into ... windows without them having a login/passwd on my machine. ... I am using Windows98 and have setup a couple with their ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Sign-on
    ... Windows 9.x and Windows ME were not designed to be secure ... You would need to upgrade or change to NT 4.0, ... > However, if you hit "cancel" on any of the sign-on pages, ... > access my computer by simply hitting cancel. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)