Re: Login Security

From: x y (jamescagney90210@yahoo.com)
Date: 06/10/02

From: "x y" <jamescagney90210@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2002 22:57:26 -0400

There is a registry entry that will kind of do this for you, although it can
be bypassed, so it is not foolproof. It's just better than nothing I
suppose.

Search this newsgroup, as the registry entry escapes me, but I've posted it
here I believe in the past 30 to 60 days.

"Nate" <sm0ke@cox.net> wrote in message
> How do I keep someone from hitting cancel to get into
> windows without them having a login/passwd on my machine.
> I am using Windows98 and have setup a couple with their
> own settings, but anyone can get on this computer by
> hitting the "cancel" button at the login prompt.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Login Security
    ... Not foolproof, but works fairly well. ... Won't stop a savvy user though. ... > How do I keep someone from hitting cancel to get into ... > windows without them having a login/passwd on my machine. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Computer too slow
    ... center and they fixed it since it was on warranty. ... When I watch movies or hear music in windows ... registry entry by itself and all would be fine - he did it and proved ... repeatedly tap F8 until you get a screen of boot choices). ...
  • Re: PC based lighting... Re. Diagnosis of Dead Desk
    ... You can disable it from its properties dialogue but the best ... Windows XP also has a similar facility called the Indexing ... > registry entry in your user account but will not lose any of your personal ... > registry entry by running winword /unregserver but be aware that all your ...
    (rec.arts.theatre.stagecraft)
  • Re: help me out please
    ... MS MVP - Windows (IE/OE) ... newsgroups i can visit through OE that would also be appreciated. ... the registry entry would be more helpful. ... please goto google and find this information for me please. ...
  • Re: Computer too slow
    ... "Leonard Grey" wrote: ... cd drives and all other internal components are not running properly ... "...all we have to do is delete the registry entry and restart the ... computer and the Windows XP logo is shown with the progression bar ...