Re: virus or hack attack?

From: David Dickinson [MVP] (eis@no-spam.softhome.net)
Date: 06/08/02

From: "David Dickinson [MVP]" <eis@no-spam.softhome.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 17:41:30 -0600

tomgreen wrote:
> All of my email, contact info, mail config setting,
> calander info and personal info was deleted from Outlook.
> Was this a virus that I have not heard of or a hack.
> My computer keeps trying to connect to a93.g.akamai.net
> and a248.e.akamai.net.

Search your hard drive for *.pst files. The akamai.net domain is used by
several different apps for automatically checking for updates.

However, this question is more appropriate for

or

The folks there will need answers to several questions:

What A/V software are you using? Is it up to date?

What are the exact symptoms you see? Do you get any error messages or
warnings when you open Outlook? Which versions of Outlook and Windows are
you using?

When you say "deleted", does that mean that you can open a particular folder
in Outlook in which you expect to see something but instead find nothing, or
are you saying that there are no folders?

--
David Dickinson, MVP (Security)
EveningStar Information Services