Re: NT4 share question.

From: Consultant® (consultant_mcngp@yahoo.com)
Date: 06/06/02

From: "Consultant®" <consultant_mcngp@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 07:03:31 -0700

maybe he reads and knows about default shares

"Dru" <Drew.Clancy@ros.gov.uk> wrote in message
> I have over 1300 PC's in my domain and have set admin shares on all the
PC's
> (A$, C$ for instance). It has come to light that a user with default
> permissions (Domain user) has been able to find out what the admin shares
> are called on certain PC's (mine namely) and I was wondering how he has
been
> able to do this. He has not signed onto my PC at anytime and has either
> found this out via CMD.exe or Network Neighbourhood.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Drew.

Relevant Pages

  • NT4 share question.
    ... I have over 1300 PC's in my domain and have set admin shares on all the PC's ... permissions (Domain user) has been able to find out what the admin shares ... Drew. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Strange Folder
    ... vulnerability of a netbios enabled windows machine. ... domain user, ... admin shares can be... ... This list is provided by the SecurityFocus ARIS analyzer service. ...
    (Incidents)