Re: Security of email addr in submitted form

From: x y (
Date: 06/04/02

From: "x y" <>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 12:27:00 -0400

... I mean it's pretty hard to avoid spam from being sent to you. Once it
gets to you or your server, of course, there are a number of software
devices that can attempt to filter out the spam for you, sometimes with
mixed results.

"Justin D" <> wrote in message
> Hello group
> I have learned not to put my email address out there on the Net- does that
> include a form submitted to a known company? eg an Electricity Co which
> needs to email me a password to pay my bills. What help are
> tactics, or telling them in another field of the
> put this keyword in the subject or I'll filter the email out...
> Thanks
> J DT

Relevant Pages

  • Re: MSConfig & system utility tool questions
    ... I use a real email address, but avoid spam by using a filter on the address. ... Mark L. Ferguson ...
  • Paging Bert A. -- was: Visiting Cuba
    ... To avoid spam, unsolicited email is automatically deleted ... >unread by my server. ...
  • Re: Large number of LUNs causes a slow boot
    ... >> I have a 2003 server connected to an external array of disks containing ... >> server from the array it takes about 4 min's. ... >> eventlog stop to the eventlog start messages in the event viewer. ... >> Please use BCC and lets all avoid spam ...
  • Re: email link problem
    ... In an effort to avoid spam, can you explain a little or provide a link where ... I could learn about the server side script? ... "Mike Mueller" wrote: ...
  • Re: 10 seconds
    ... exact directions. ... server and avoid any delay in your posts. ... to avoid spam, is that good advice or should I change that to the correct ... Advanced search. ...