Re: thenerds.net got hacked

From: RyanW (rjware@notusfamily.net)
Date: 06/03/02

From: "RyanW" <rjware@notusfamily.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 08:13:47 -0500

Thanks Harald, defacements don't necessarily equate to compromised customer data, but interesting anyway. According to netcraft it is about a 2/3 1/3 split of webhosting with Apache powering 2/3 of the world's websites and IIS doing the other 1/3. Yet we see over 50% of defacements on Windows. That seems to validate what I was saying earlier.

"Harald Ums" <Harald.Ums.NOSPAM@t-online.de> wrote in message news:OZ7Q5MiCCHA.1940@tkmsftngp04...

> "RyanW" <rjware@notusfamily.net> wrote in message
> > Are the people running IIS sites less skilled or what? I mean compared to
> > an admin of an apache site? Why do all these hacks where credit card
> > numbers or personal info get harvested seem to be happening only to IIS
> > sites: Egghead, Playbo, TheNerds, etc.
> >
> > I don't recall any Apache or other web servers being hacked recently. I
> may
> > be mistaken so if you know of any feel free to correct me.
> look at http://www.alldas.org/

Relevant Pages

  • Re: thenerds.net got hacked
    ... > Are the people running IIS sites less skilled or what? ... > an admin of an apache site? ... Why do all these hacks where credit card ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: thenerds.net got hacked
    ... Are the people running IIS sites less skilled or what? ... I don't recall any Apache or other web servers being hacked recently. ... because Apache is usually hosted on a *nix platform. ... harder to admin than a Windows platform, ...
    (microsoft.public.security)