Re: How to get IIS5 functional again

From: Ned Flanders (nedfla@hotmail.com)
Date: 05/31/02

From: "Ned Flanders" <nedfla@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 13:05:29 -0500

Are you logged in as a domain admin or the *local* admin?
Those boxes should always be available to the local admin account. Domain
admin, maybe, maybe not - depends on how security was configured. I don't
believe the power user can change them so they _should_ be greyed out when
viewing as a power user ID. Make certain the login you use is the local
Administrator account and you should be able to correct the issue.

"Michel Gallant" <neutron@istar.ca> wrote in message
> I just checked these settings, and the following USER accounts all
> look configured the same (same when viewed as Power User or admin):
> IUSR_MGALLANT
> ASPNET
> IWAM_MGALLANT
>
> all these have all boxes greyed out, except for the "Account is disabled"
> box which itself is NOT checked.

<SNIP>

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Use of credentials with UAC in vista
    ... user's account, from a command prompt with 'run as administrator' privledges, and it failed saying access denied. ... The user's account has power user permissions. ... There is no more Power User on Vista, ... It also appears from reading the above article that it did indeed cache my admin credentials. ...
  • Re: Incoming E-Mail - cant create contact in OU
    ... central admin pool different than the web app. ... that account a little (if the web app is compromised or something, ... So I started with giving the app pool account domain admins permissions then ...
  • RE: [Full-disclosure] Flaw in Microsoft Domain Account Caching Allows Local Workstation Admins t
    ... Flaw in Microsoft Domain Account Caching Allows ... Local Workstation Admins to Temporarily Escalate Privileges and Login as ... Cached Domain Admin Accounts ... administrator" is a "bigger" administrator than the local administrator. ...
    (Bugtraq)
  • Re: [Full-disclosure] Flaw in Microsoft Domain Account Caching Allows Local Workstation Admins t
    ... Flaw in Microsoft Domain Account Caching Allows ... Local Workstation Admins to Temporarily Escalate Privileges and Login as ... Cached Domain Admin Accounts ... administrator" is a "bigger" administrator than the local administrator. ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: Security Breach in AD! Help!
    ... > about 5 minutes the user was removed from the built in admin group. ... > changed the default domain policy, the default domain controller policy, ... >> auditing of account logon for success and failure and account management ... >> success and failure in Domain Controller Security Policy. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)