Re: Norton Virus Scan

From: Bob (bob@idhan.net)
Date: 05/29/02

From: bob@idhan.net (Bob)
Date: 29 May 2002 14:56:36 -0700

Where exactly did you download the security update from?

"Nils Bradley" <n.g.bradley@att.net> wrote in message news:<93dc01c20741$09fed700$9be62ecf@tkmsftngxa03>...
> I am running Windows me factory installed with Norton anti-
> virus for windows me -us english factory installed with
> media. [ Have had the computer for about 1 1/2 years.
> After downloading a windows update called security update
> March 4, 2002, I no longer use my norton virus scan. When
> I try to use I get the following 2 messages [Nmain has
> cause an error in Nmain.EXE Nmain will now close. If you
> continue to experience problems try restarting your
> computer. [ this doesn't work] this message also has a
> yellow traingle with a exclamation mark, when I close this
> I get another message, [An unhandled exception has
> ossurred. the error was unknown {OxC0000005]This message
> has a red circle with an x thru it.
>
> Need help Nils

Relevant Pages

  • Re: help again !!!
    ... Were the virus definitions up-to-date? ... If Windows XP, was internal firewall enabled? ... Third party firewall (like Zone Alarm or Norton Personal Firewall) present? ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: xp service paack 2 automatic updates
    ... Windows help - www.rickrogers.org ... > Could not reinstall norton in safe mode. ... >> I think he was correct in the initial assessment - the virus is active ... >> Rick Rogers, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Virus trouble... need assistance
    ... | I recently was infected with a computer virus. ... Norton AntiVirus 2003 ... | Windows Update site and the page shows no conent. ... Execute; CLEAN.EXE ...
  • Re: ie7 fails again
    ... Did you upgrade to NIS 2008 from an earlier Norton application/version? ... Error message after you install a Windows Internet Explorer 7 update from ... no-charge support is available by calling 1-866-PCSAFETY in the United States and in Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft subsidiary. ... When you call, clearly state that your problem is related to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Startup problems, corrupted system files, black screen and updates
    ... Norton Antivirus Scan Results: Clean ... about a minute of confusion, a Windows Bubble popped up in the corner, saying ... multiple internet windows open. ... The said virus opened countless of hidden windows and processes, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)