Re: Detecting Internal IP Addresses

From: Bob Coret (b.coret@REMOVE.planet.nl)
Date: 05/27/02

From: "Bob Coret" <b.coret@REMOVE.planet.nl>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 10:31:00 +0200

"Troy Jerkins" <tjerkins@alltel.net> wrote in message
news:evd9$9zACHA.2524@tkmsftngp05...
> Thanks All!. Makes perfect sense to me. So would this be the equivalent to
> an IIS Server Variable Request? Such as REQUEST.REMOTE_ADDR

No, the variable REMOTE_ADDR as defined in the CGI protocol displays the IP
address of the 'last' computer which makes the request to the receiving
server, so this will be either a proxy server, the outside server of your
company (thus hiding the internal network) or your own computer if it's
directly connected to the Internet.

Bob

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Still having firewall issues
    ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ... How many subnets are in your SBS internal network? ... |> 4) Click Add Adapter and then select Server Local Area Connection. ... |> to the same internal default gateway address as the ISA Server computer. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Still having firewall issues
    ... How many subnets are in your SBS internal network? ... > 4) Click Add Adapter and then select Server Local Area Connection. ... No default gateway difined. ... > to the same internal default gateway address as the ISA Server computer. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: WM 5.0 and Sprint 6700 PPC-cant sync in cradle but can through EVDO
    ... the external address won't ever work on the internal network. ... ActiveSync 4.x Troubleshooting Guide - ... SBS Server 2003 SP1 ... I can WIRELESSLY sync to the server with the 6700 PPC using the Sprint ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync)
  • Re: preventing username enumeration on NT4
    ... it appears as though the attacker did nothing more ... You shouldn't be running a server that provides external Web Services ... attached to your internal network. ... Why are you sharing drives across the Internet? ...
    (comp.os.ms-windows.nt.admin.security)
  • Re: preventing username enumeration on NT4
    ... it appears as though the attacker did nothing more ... You shouldn't be running a server that provides external Web Services ... attached to your internal network. ... Why are you sharing drives across the Internet? ...
    (comp.security.misc)