Re: Reapply Full access to a folder?

From: RyanW (rjware@notusfamily.net)
Date: 05/24/02

From: "RyanW" <rjware@notusfamily.net>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 19:48:04 -0500

Are you logged on to the server and not accessing through a share?
"Jim B" <jbuzzeo@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> No... actually, when I take ownership, (as administrator)
> I get an error, applying security to all the subfolders,
> that the security descriptor is invalid.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Access is Denied. And I am the Admin!
    ... "How to Take Ownership of a Folder ... In the Name list, click your user name, Administrator if you are ... permissions granting you Full Control? ...
  • Re: Cant access old folder after reinstall
    ... Windows XP Home Edition, you must start the computer in safe mode, and then log on with an account that has Administrative ... 307874 How to disable simplified sharing and set permissions on a shared folder in Windows XP ... To take ownership of a folder, ... In the Name list, click your user name, or click Administrator if you are logged in as Administrator, or click the ...
  • RE: transfering data
    ... Attempt to take ownership of all the old folders / files, ... 1.Right-click the folder that you want to take ownership of, ... 4.In the Name list, click your user name, or click Administrator if you are ... you want to replace the directory permissions with permissions granting you ...
  • RE: Unable to access files
    ... Right-click the folder that you want to take ownership of, ... In the Name list, click your user name, or click Administrator if you are ... > you want to replace the directory permissions with permissions granting you ...
  • RE: Access Denied
    ... account that has Administrative rights to have access to the Security tab. ... To take ownership of a folder, ... 4.In the Name list, click your user name, or click Administrator if you are ...