Re: email attachments

From: Lanwench (lanwench@nospamplease.yahoo.com)
Date: 05/22/02

From: "Lanwench" <lanwench@nospamplease.yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 23:01:30 -0400

Sure thing - what you'll find is that if you run Exchange, you can change
the attachment blocking policies that *Outlook* specifies, using a custom
form. Exchange does not natively block anything, never has. I administer
plenty of them. You need third party software to block any attachment types
at all in Exchange - decent antivirus software for Exchange does this.

See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/admin.htm

"Robert Burris" <fossil24@spamcop.net> wrote in message
> I beg to differ. I administer an Exchange 2000 Server and I'll have to
look
> this up in the docs to give you a reference. I'm at home right now.
>
> "Lanwench" <lanwench@nospamplease.yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Actually, Exchange doesn't block anything - third party sw such as
> antivirus
> > sw is required. If Outlook mentions that the file type was blocked,
> suspect
> > Outlook's security settings.
> >
> > "Robert Burris" <fossil24@spamcop.net> wrote in message
> > > You don't say where your mailbox is stored. If it is on an Exchange
> 2000
> > > server, then those might be blocked at the server. Microsoft has a
list
> > of
> > > "Level 1 Attachments" (I think that was the term they used.) that are
> > > blocked on Exchange 2000 by default.
> > >
> > > "chris" <chris@mexins.com> wrote in message

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Critical e-mail problem.
    ... I upgraded from Win2K Server to WinSBS2003 on my desktop ... of my POP3 e-mail accounts as an Exchange Server account. ... I found that I was only receiving mail from the Exchange ... your Outlook profile will have Exchange as its default (and this ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Critical e-mail problem.
    ... I upgraded from Win2K Server to WinSBS2003 on my desktop ... of my POP3 e-mail accounts as an Exchange Server account. ... I found that I was only receiving mail from the Exchange ... your Outlook profile will have Exchange as its default (and this ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Faxe per Email über Outlook-2003
    ... Der Exchange Server ist ein Groupware- und Messaging-System der Firma ... Microsoft Exchange Server benutzt ein proprietäres RPC Protokoll namens ... Microsoft Office Outlook Web Access ...
    (microsoft.public.de.outlook)
  • Re: Outlook2003 POP3-IMAP Exchange | Confused!?
    ... exchange and sharepoint not being used. ... Folder Re-Direction and roaming profiles. ... with Outlook 2003 as the preferred choice of email client. ... registry to point to the server. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Offline Files -- & -- Migration Strategy
    ... Happy to help - IMO Exchange Server and Outlook are why offices need ... Exchange won't use Net Folders, and you probably won't have calendar ... messages from your PST into your server mailbox. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)