Re: jdbgmgr

From: Fuzzy Logic (bob@arc.ab.ca@)
Date: 05/15/02

From: Fuzzy Logic <bob@arc.ab.ca@>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 10:16:18 -0700

<katherinewestall@hotmail.com> wrote in news:38ef01c1fb8a$98c8ce40
$3bef2ecf@TKMSFTNGXA10:

> I have also received these messages. In checking the
> computers in my classroom, I also found the file and also
> believe it is a Microsoft program so have not deleted it.
> But I am not sure.....

It's a hoax. Always confirm with your support people or use a search engine
to confirm. The mail may come from a reputable source but can be forged.
For more info on hoaxes:

http://hoaxbusters.ciac.org/

If not you will likely fall victim to the newfie virus:

You have just received the Newfie Virus.

As we ain't got no programming experience, this virus works on the honour
system. Please delete all the files from your hard drive and manually
forward this virus to everyone on your mailing list.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Relevant Pages

  • Frogs gotta virus
    ... French fighter planes were unable to take off after military computers ... were infected by a computer virus, ... the French navy admitted that during the time it took to ...
    (soc.culture.thai)
  • Re: Is AV software necessary?
    ... > spread updated virus definitions. ... > installations by installing Norton bloatware. ... For instance, I know better than to open attachments from strangers, but it ... majority of those computers either don't have AV software or they have ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)
  • Re: Is AV software necessary?
    ... > spread updated virus definitions. ... > installations by installing Norton bloatware. ... For instance, I know better than to open attachments from strangers, but it ... majority of those computers either don't have AV software or they have ...
  • Re: XP has no significant bugs that any significant number of users want fixed
    ... >> It does not take a Harvard Graduate to create and propagate a virus. ... >> or virus free computers. ... >the germs will remain one step ahead of those working to combat them. ... >paralyzes new product development and the furtherment of human technology ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: AntiVirus
    ... would be some sort of abnormal behavior. ... So far my 2 computers are ... The plural form of Virus is Viruses. ... Symantec has. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)