Re: Got a BAD Virus!

From: David Keller (davidpkd@earthlink.net)
Date: 05/06/02

From: "David Keller" <davidpkd@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 06 May 2002 00:35:10 GMT

"got root?" <s_thistle@warmmail.com> wrote in message
news:O375c#I8BHA.2540@tkmsftngp04...
> Unplug your network connection to the internet as to stop some other fool
> from opening one of your emails, and then call someone, probably a buddy
of
> yours. Use THEIR PC to connect and find a fix. If the fix is software, put
> it on a floppy and carry it to your PC.. The important thing to do is
> disconnect your pc from the internet.

=========
Excellent advice.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Intermittent Internet...never stays connected
    ... >> connection. ... >> think of to try and fix this problem. ... >> I have Adelphia Cable internet running through a Linksys WRK54G wireless ... > upstream and downstream signals are shared. ...
  • Re: Connection Works in Safemode but not in normal Windows
    ... Internet, but I did not fix the problem. ... infected and was killing the connection. ... We uninstalled the network card and unplugged the ethernet cable ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.setup)
  • Re: Home computer problem
    ... You may also try searching for "Google" in the registry and see what ... Combo Fix is probably going to be the best bet for someone with modest computer knowledge. ... I'd physically disconnect from the internet first. ... Google yields this on win 7 DNS: ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • Re: >> PLEASE HELP >> SHUTDOWN >> WHEN ON INTERNET?
    ... I have just subscribed to BT YAHOO internet at the 15.99 a month option and when i go onto the internet using the BT YAHOO intenet connection after a couple of minutes or so a box comes up on my screen headed 'WINDOWS SHUTDOWN' and it forces the computer to shutdown after 60 seconds. ... SOURCE: Service control manager ... It also comes up saying NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Please could tellme why this is happening and how to fix the problem. ...