"David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote in message news:i3a1ma08f8@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: "David Kaye" <sfdavidkaye2@xxxxxxxxx>

| Msseces.exe is part of MSSE. I'm noticing that on some machines it run
| excessively, so much so that I'm taking it off those machines and replacing it
| was Avast. Now I'm getting excess CPU on one of my own machines.

| If I kill Windows Explorer (that is, the user interface) and restart it from
| the Task Manager, it loads up everything fine, including msseces.exe and I
| have no further problem.

| Does anybody here have a clue as to why msseces.exe is hogging CPU on some
| machines and not on others? On other machines it's silent, and just
| occasionally blips a little here and there.

| Again, as is usual with me, I'm looking for REAL ANSWERS from people with
| experience dealing with this, not speculation on what MIGHT be wrong.

| Thank you.

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/msestart/threads?filter=mf%3ae81f6ee5-7c8d-4d66-82a0-9561b2d62733

  • Re: Msseces.exe Excessive CPU
    ... I kill the service and restart it and it works. ... The Real Truth http://pcbutts1-therealtruth.blogspot.com/ ... Now I'm getting excess CPU on one of my own machines. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Msseces.exe Excessive CPU
    ... I'm noticing that on some machines it run ... so much so that I'm taking it off those machines and replacing it ... Now I'm getting excess CPU on one of my own machines. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Msseces.exe Excessive CPU
    ... | Msseces.exe is part of MSSE. ... I'm noticing that on some machines it run ... Now I'm getting excess CPU on one of my own machines. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)