Msseces.exe Excessive CPU

Msseces.exe is part of MSSE. I'm noticing that on some machines it run
excessively, so much so that I'm taking it off those machines and replacing it
was Avast. Now I'm getting excess CPU on one of my own machines.

If I kill Windows Explorer (that is, the user interface) and restart it from
the Task Manager, it loads up everything fine, including msseces.exe and I
have no further problem.

Does anybody here have a clue as to why msseces.exe is hogging CPU on some
machines and not on others? On other machines it's silent, and just
occasionally blips a little here and there.

Again, as is usual with me, I'm looking for REAL ANSWERS from people with
experience dealing with this, not speculation on what MIGHT be wrong.

Thank you.

  • Re: Msseces.exe Excessive CPU
    ... I kill the service and restart it and it works. ... The Real Truth http://pcbutts1-therealtruth.blogspot.com/ ... Now I'm getting excess CPU on one of my own machines. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Msseces.exe Excessive CPU
    ... Totally useless post. ... The Real Truth http://pcbutts1-therealtruth.blogspot.com/ ... I'm noticing that on some machines it run ... Now I'm getting excess CPU on one of my own machines. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Msseces.exe Excessive CPU
    ... | Msseces.exe is part of MSSE. ... I'm noticing that on some machines it run ... Now I'm getting excess CPU on one of my own machines. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: I reinstall everytihng again ....
    ... > When I shutdown freebsd 4.7 I sometimes see something like the above ... Double-check the contacts and fix sternly. ... I had some very nasty faillures on servers and wrote off a few machines. ... some memory modules turned up bad and replacing those got me a few ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)
  • Re: Capacitors
    ... System 80 machines have relatively low current draw on the 12V line so you ... they switched to 10000uF caps. ... shortened life span of the diodes within the bridges. ... important to use this same voltage rating when replacing these 10000uF caps. ...
    (rec.games.pinball)