Re: The Tirades

David Kaye wrote:
~BD~<BoaterDave.is.@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I may have missed it, of course, but does it say anywhere on your site
exactly how you know much about computers?

That's true, it doesn't.

It matters not to me, but other
visitors might like to know!

In the 8+ years I've been troubleshooting this stuff as a freelancer, and the
previous 10 years I worked in programming and tech support I have never been
asked about my education by anybody, not even when I was the lead developer
and chief software architect for a company making software to assist in organ
transplants.

Thank you for your comments, Dave.

I have a (now) friend in a nearby town here in Devon, England who reported much the same. He was an electronics technician in the army and he set-up a 'computing' business about 20 years ago when he left service. He told me when I asked him, about 5 years ago now, that I was only the second person to ask if he was in any way qualified for his role! Amazing!

Purely out of general interest, *do* you have any formal training and/or qualifications behind you?

Regardless, good to 'see' you here! :)

--
Dave - you may enjoy exploring here http://www.waterscape.com/

  • Re: Bachelor Time PWB
    ... some nice qualifications in computers. ... I was looking at computer training courses a few months back when I still ... SAGE with Skills Train, only to find his qualification was years out of date ...
    (uk.games.video.misc)
  • Re: Persistant attacks
    ... "in computers there are three ways to do ... maybe I'd check connections with nstat -an ... since we aren't concerned with corruption of McAfee files just ... Close the door, Dave. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Bachelor Time PWB
    ... some nice qualifications in computers. ... qualifications mean jack shit in the real world and could not get a job ... reviews for companies like Computeach and Skills Train from people who ... It says here that marketing experience would ...
    (uk.games.video.misc)
  • The Problem with HAL
    ... "What kind of problem, Dave?" ... "The 9000 Series of computers are fully self-aware and self-programming. ... rather than the people in marketing, ... "Open the module bay doors, ...
    (rec.humor.funny.reruns)