Re: Anybody Come Across A Weird Redirect?

Use my Remove-it software. Choose No for the host file modification when
prompted but I recommend you choose yes for everything. If the problem is
still there then run my diagnostic tool called whatslivern. That file after
a few seconds, when complete, will generate a log file. That log file will
be saved in the same directory you ran the program from, if you need help
diagnosing the log file then send me a copy of that log file.Download it
here http://www.ms-mvp.org/

They do NOT have the expertise or knowledge to fix your issue. Do not waste your time.

"David Kaye" <sfdavidkaye2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:hmbuic$lhm$3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jolly Polly <kneedown@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

I've had a similar thing recently in a computer running XP, similar in
respect that I could find no malware but it continued to redirect web
pages, but only in I.E.. I never tried other browsers to be honest.
I reset the Internet Protocol <netsh winsock reset> and reset I.E. to
default removing any personal setting and toolbars. This cured the
problem, but I don't know why.
If you do solve your problem, please post back. I don't like not knowing.

I'd like to know myself. I still haven't found an answer and I've reset the
IP stack with that little VB utility with the big red cross on it. I forget
the name. It's an extremely handy utility I've used hundreds of times. It
didn't change anything.

  • Re: password change
    ... Dim objRootDSE, strDNSDomain, strQuery, adoRecordset, strComputer ... ' Open the log file for write access. ... is not reset to a separate text file of "missed" computers. ...
  • RE: Account Lockout in Solaris 8
    ... the user is locked out and must be reset ... Use a log file reading tool to ... What if they ended up at a different help desk tech each time? ... Julie L Baumler, SCNA ...
    (Focus-SUN)
  • Re: winsock error
    ... it will remove that malware from your system. ... It has the Winsock reset command built into it. ... That log file will be saved in the same directory you ran the program from, using the email link at the bottom of my page send me a copy of that log file. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Have static IP address, but tcp/ip property page always shows "Obtain IP address automatically",
    ... That log file will be saved in the same directory you ran the program from, using the email link at the bottom of my page send me a copy of that log file. ... correct static IP address and my connectivity is still fine. ... reset Linkage\UpperBind for PCI ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Wierd startup problem
    ... Run my diagnostic tool called What's Live RN. ... Download it here http://pcbutts1.com/downloads/tools/tools.htm When complete that tool will generate a log file with the results, email me that log file so I can analyze it. ... Ignore posts made by the person called Leythos, he is a stalker who's been ...