Re: Usenet is an ASCII System!

MEB <MEB-not-here@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

AND I will remind both of you the ACTUAL interface to this forum is via
Microsoft's site, we just happen to be using the NNTP services to access it.

I think you mean AN ACTUAL interface because I'm not reading or responding via
any website at all. I'm using Usenet via the news.eternal-september.org
Usenet server. I am using News Xpress, one of many hundreds of Usenet news
readers available.

I haven't had a browser loaded in half an hour or more. In fact I don't
think I've ever been to Microsoft's forum. I'm using a news reader. Lots of
people use news readers.

  • Re: Gilby, when did this forum really begin?
    ... But nowadays everyone seems to use the forum to post. ... A good USENET news reader is more efficient for reading messages than ...
    (rec.sport.unicycling)
  • Re: need for a moderated geology newsgroup
    ... My filter is between the usenet and my news reader, so I forget what a pain cross posting is for others. ... I wish that there was news group archive that was text only and allowed filtering. ...
    (sci.geo.geology)
  • Re: Ralph Nader: "World War II could have - service?
    ... These 'wasted posts' have often so filled some still worthwhile newsgroups that many good readers and valid posters just give up and quit trying to read because it requires so much effort to separate the wheat from the chaff ... I give great thanks to those who do a good job of moderating a variety of still worthwhile newsgroups. ... World War II UseNet group was not posted but somehow it was ... a news reader, ...
    (soc.history.war.world-war-ii)
  • Re: Addition to my FAQ - re NSP shut downs
    ... with GG for reading and posting to usenet groups? ... you are aware of) and have them look for 'free Usenet servers'. ... to someone posting from google, my news reader automatically includes ...
    (news.software.readers)
  • Re: Format display
    ... Google ads and usenet instructions which overlapped the messages of ... I can't remove the panel nor can I click ... "Google Groups" is nothing but Usenet groups on training wheels with ... Try a real NNTP server & news reader program and you will never go back. ...
    (rec.aviation.soaring)