Re: Virii

David H. Lipman wrote:
From: "Eric Allen" <eric-allen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

| Out of curiosity, which avti-virus program is better, Avast or AVG ?

There is no such word as virii or viri in crrelation to computers. The plural of 'virus' is viruses.

http://homepages.tesco.net/~J.deBoynePollard/FGA/plural-of-virus.html
http://linuxmafia.com/~rick/faq/plural-of-virus.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plural_of_virus

Avira AntiVir is better than both Avast and AVG.

note taken

  • Re: AV programs
    ... "Virii" is not a word, in either American or British English. ... > Also if you want a good Anti-Spyware program you can get Webroot's ... I used Avast (no ... >> comment), currently I'm using AVG, which I feel doesn't do a very good ...
  • Re: What is this infection" reported by Cyber Defender
    ... I could not "find" the options to stop it's scanning once OE ... there is nothing wrong with AVG. ... if you were to ask other Avast users (best to ask ... in an Avast forum), one would surely have guided you to disable ...
  • Re: What is this infection" reported by Cyber Defender
    ... I could not "find" the options to stop it's scanning once OE ... there is nothing wrong with AVG. ... if you were to ask other Avast users (best to ask ... in an Avast forum), one would surely have guided you to disable ...
  • Re: What is this infection" reported by Cyber Defender
    ... I used AVG for years w/o problems, recently switched to Avast on ... I could not "find" the options to stop it's scanning once OE ... there is nothing wrong with AVG. ... in an Avast forum), one would surely have guided you to disable ...