Re: Boot from CD to do recovery console

On 12/18/2009 11:24 AM, MR wrote:
Please note that I read here another post, and got my pc to boot (made
changes in the BIOS)-
My CD-ROM is still functioning so I dont know what will happen next time I
restart my system.
Note my safemode is not working or reg windows logon.
Sorry for this post. But as far as booting from the CD making the changes, I
have taken that step forward.

Uhm, if you have malware issues AND these seem to affect your ability
to boot to Safe Mode or Recover Console you should look at alternative
methods such as a Live Boot malware/AV CD or one of the Live Boot Linux
compilations which can also be used for malware cleaning and other
modifications within one of the NT OSs.
The REASON for this suggestion is that whatever seems to be affecting
the boot process has already been loaded once the XP SP2 system boots.

What malware or virus are you attempting to remove?

--
MEB
http://peoplescounsel.org/ref/windows-main.htm

  • Re: Safe mode (and variations) and Last known good config not work
    ... fix your system so it will never boot again in any mode. ... figure out how to remove it and "think" or be told you must reinstall. ...  The malware will ...
  • Re: Cant boot into Safe Mode
    ... OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional ... See how those particular two malware scans run. ... boot into safe mode.)) ... how long I've had the problem of being unable to boot into safe mode - I've ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Trojan (?) will not allow safe mode, but *will* allow normal boot
    ... eject boot CDRduring test, spot spontaneous reboots ... Is the PC isolated from all malware? ... Executive summary: Safe mode isn't. ... familiarity with Bart, but for those who do fixing of Windows systems, ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Compaq Presario go slow.
    ... Big boot recovery disk efforts to even ... boot CD antivirus check and removed 140 infections. ... I downloaded 'MalwareBytes Malware Remover' and ran it. ... SP2 raised the bar as far as memory requirements. ...
    (uk.comp.homebuilt)
  • Re: Format, install, ahhhhh!
    ... the built-in Windows firewall is sufficient. ... Perhaps you don't have enough RAM for the combination of programs your ... You never told us if you ever configured a clean boot to see if the ... malware. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)