Re: Mail Server Report Virus--Doubtful

Tom Willett wrote:
Whenever you get a canned email that says: 'please send it to everyone you know'...it's a hoax. Your "friend" isn't much of a friend for sending crapware before checking it out.

The originators of the bogus email simply want everyone to show their ignorance and forward it.

"W. eWatson" <wolftracks@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:hfjogm$oji$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
: Got this from a friend today. I doubt the validity. Comments? It goes on
: to say it was verified by Snopes as true.
:
: VERY IMPORTANT , PLEASE READ THIS
:
: Anyone-using Internet mail such as Yahoo, Hotmail, AOL and so on. This
: information arrived this morning, Direct from both Microsoft and Norton
: Please send it to everybody you know who has Access to the Internet. You
: may receive an apparently harmless e-mail titled 'Mail Server Report' If
: you open either file, a message will appear on your screen saying: 'It
: is too late now, your life is no longer beautiful...'

Not all friends are computer savvy. In any case, I see no one here posting about it, so I doubt it's true. I never open that stuff anyway.

  • Re: Mail Server Report Virus--Doubtful
    ... Anyone-using Internet mail such as Yahoo, Hotmail, AOL and so on. ... Does your supposed friend know anything about computing security? ... though potentially not from legitimate sources. ... mails use seemingly valid identifiers, such as from: ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Mail Server Report Virus--Doubtful
    ... Got this from a friend today. ... I doubt the validity. ... It goes on to say it was verified by Snopes as true. ... Anyone-using Internet mail such as Yahoo, Hotmail, AOL and so on. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Mail Server Report Virus--Doubtful
    ... Whenever you get a canned email that says: 'please send it to everyone you ... Your "friend" isn't much of a friend for sending ... crapware before checking it out. ... Anyone-using Internet mail such as Yahoo, Hotmail, AOL and so on. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)