Re: Mail Server Report Virus--Doubtful

Tom Willett wrote:
Whenever you get a canned email that says: 'please send it to everyone you know'...it's a hoax. Your "friend" isn't much of a friend for sending crapware before checking it out.

The originators of the bogus email simply want everyone to show their ignorance and forward it.

"W. eWatson" <wolftracks@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:hfjogm$oji$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
: Got this from a friend today. I doubt the validity. Comments? It goes on
: to say it was verified by Snopes as true.
:
: VERY IMPORTANT , PLEASE READ THIS
:
: Anyone-using Internet mail such as Yahoo, Hotmail, AOL and so on. This
: information arrived this morning, Direct from both Microsoft and Norton
: Please send it to everybody you know who has Access to the Internet. You
: may receive an apparently harmless e-mail titled 'Mail Server Report' If
: you open either file, a message will appear on your screen saying: 'It
: is too late now, your life is no longer beautiful...'

Not all friends are computer savvy. In any case, I see no one here posting about it, so I doubt it's true. I never open that stuff anyway.
.