Adobe Reader Virus Alert
- From: bryan <bryan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 13:01:01 -0700
Adobe has announced a vulnerability in the latest version of REader, Acrobat
and Flash Player. This vulnerability may allow a remote, unauthenticated
attacker to execute arbitrary code or cause a denial-of-service condition.
Adobe announced that until there is a fix for the vulnerability users should
rename C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\authplay.dll or C:\Program
Files\Adobe\Acrobat 9.0]\Acrobat\authplay.dll. They also state renaming these
files may cause users to experience a non-exploitable crash or error message
when opening a PDF that contains SWF content. Does this mean the pc could
crash or just the Acrobat program? Any suggestions would be GREATLY
- Prev by Date: Fast Browser Search - My Web Tattoo
- Next by Date: Re: Adobe Reader & Flash Player Vulnerability.
- Previous by thread: Fast Browser Search - My Web Tattoo
- Next by thread: Re: Adobe Reader & Flash Player Vulnerability.