Re: Virus removal if no internet connection

From: "robgraham" <rttgrahamwow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

You need to do network diagnostics first.

You are on BTInternet.

How do you access the Internet (ex. aDSL) ?

| Yes

What equipment is between you and the Internet ?

| Router

Have you checked to see if there are any problems with your ISP in your
area ?

| There are no problems. My desktop connects perfectly. The problem is with my
| laptop, which connects via a Linksys wireless adaptor, or, if too far away,
| via a Belkin Powerline adaptor. Now neither work. I've got a thread going on
| another NG re my connectivity, but I thought I'd ask in this NG about
| virus/malware.

| Rob

OK, process of elimination.

Move the laptop close to the router and directly connect the laptop via an Ethernet cable
and re-boot the notebook and re-check connectivity.

  • Re: Free Muni or other hotspot access from a sailboat??
    ... you'll always have a strong signal on your boat, ... laptop individually, via URL IP address, connecting them with a crossover ... i'm going to use an old laptop running debian linux as my router on the ... connector for boat hard wire connections, ...
    (rec.boats.cruising)
  • Re: XP has stopped serving outside localhost
    ... My laptop is my working machine. ... I have cisco vpn installed. ... connections between removing 4.8 and installing 5. ... I have tried static though on this particular router, ...
  • Re: Best WiFi transmitters?
    ... On the Wireless -> Basic Settings page, the 3rd box down is "Wireless ... signal strength to you get on the Acer laptop when things are working ... The laptop is in the living ... causing the router to go weird. ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)
  • Re: XP SP2, Cant access internet with 1 PC out of 3 updated
    ... w/out the router? ... Uninstall SP2 again and see what happens. ... > I can ping the rounter from this problem PC (Toshiba laptop), ... I can't access the internet from the Toshiba. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Workgroup no longer accessible
    ... checked desktop #2 could not access the laptop. ... is the one that states that the workgroup is not accessible. ... act of connecting to a new router could have changed a setting. ... need to tune the master browser setup, and designate 1 browsers that will ...