Re: Ad-Aware??

From: "Kayman" <kayhkay-nospam-@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

| On Sat, 25 Apr 2009 08:47:26 -0700, Tri-Pacer wrote:

Has Lavasoft Ad-Aware become malware?

I recently installed a new release of the free version and found it puts
popup ads on my computer.

| Ad-Aware lost its luster which also applies to Spybot S&D.

In reference to SpyBot S&D, please read the following thread...

Subject: Win32.TDSS.rtk Removal Help Needed
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.security.homeusers
Date: Sat, 02 May 2009

  • Re: missing file
    ... You don't want that file back, it is part of a spyware program. ... there was a reference to this file in the start up modules of XP. ... I suggest you get the free versions of AdAware and Spybot to help remove the ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • SearchUpdate33.exe
    ... I found a reference to it, it's spyware and to date spybot ... the developers of adaware and spybot and see if they have ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Windows Validation
    ... AdAware and Spybot. ... > Watch out for some sites pretending to be spybot s&d or copying the ... >>> (That's the only reference to the error I could find anywhere BTW) ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: ID this process: sysldrv.exe
    ... >can't find any reference to this file in my registry, ... Suggest you do a malware scan using ad-aware and spybot. ... Good luck ...
  • Link is to email address not to a URL
    ... In reference to SpyBot S&D, ... When I click on that link I'm sent to an email address (in Outlook Express) ... Dave ...
    (alt.computer.security)