"David H. Lipman" wrote:

From: "Chris2T" <Chris2T@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

| That was neither very kind -- nor helpful!

| Anybody else out there willing to simply answer my questions? I've managed
| pretty well so far with just your help and not all of us can AFFORD the
| latest and grreatest these days!!

| Thanks, Chris

I'm sorry, it is NOT about being kind. It is about being SAFE.

Anybody here worth a grain of salt and sees a thread about malware or the possibility of
malware on a PC that had been previously used will tell you the same thing. Wipe the PC
and re-install the OS from scratch.

*NEVER* accept a previously used PC without wiping the hard disk and re-installing the OS
from scratch.

  • Re: Trojan Horse (unspecified)
    ... malware on a PC that had been previously used will tell you the same thing. ... and re-install the OS from scratch. ... *NEVER* accept a previously used PC without wiping the hard disk and re-installing the OS ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Trojan Horse (unspecified)
    ... OOOhh you did it now, you've pissed off the Usenet god, that's who David thinks he is. ... malware on a PC that had been previously used will tell you the same thing. ... and re-install the OS from scratch. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: wwshjxts
    ... These applications will find only the result of your malware. ... A complete re-install is the only thing that will work. ... >> antivirus companies haven't created updates for them yet. ... >> Patrick Dickey ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: IE is corrupted & Im not sure what to do
    ... someone gets into my apartment when I'm not here. ... Malware Removal and Prevention Overview - CastleCopsWiki: ... where SP2 is located, it won't let me re-install it. ...
  • Re: Microsoft auto-update feature deleted Excel
    ... I tried checking for any further updates using auto installer but it just tells me that I am fully up to date. ... The safest way to correct it is to delete the entire Office folder and re-install from scratch. ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.excel)