"David H. Lipman" wrote:

From: "Chris2T" <Chris2T@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

| Norton Anti-Virus scan (Updates downloaded today) found a Trojan Horse that
| it didn't find last week. It's in "christmasjoy.exe" which is a screensaver
| I downloaded last Xmas. Can't seem to delete the file with Norton: how to
| get it ALL out?

Give the following pair a shot at it...

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

SuperAntiSpyware
http://www.superantispyware.com/downloadfile.html?productid=SUPERANTISPYWAREFREE

  • Re: Trojan Horse (unspecified)
    ... It's in "christmasjoy.exe" which is a screensaver ... SuperAntiSpyware ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: not enough memory... quit some programs.
    ... I ran norton anti-virus, ... no spyware on the 98 machine and the same 3 ... the only program running is IE. ... >> i can do ipconfig and then ping the ip address from both computers. ...
  • Re: Opinions about What is the best anti-virus software for a Windows 2000 Server?
    ... > of that for the server. ... > Norton Anti-virus 2004. ... The latest version has also added spyware and adware detection. ... -- torgeir, Microsoft MVP Scripting and WMI, Porsgrunn Norway Administration scripting examples and an ONLINE version of the 1328 page Scripting Guide: ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • E-mail Problem
    ... Had some Spyware on a computer, which has been removed using Spybot, and ... Also have done a scan of the computer using Norton Anti-virus. ... If i right click a message header in the In ...
  • Re: Norton Antivirus has not found ANY spyware or viruses since subscr
    ... Norton Anti-virus, properly installed, configured, and updated, is specifically designed to prevent virus infections. ... It is not intended to, nor is it designed to, detect spyware. ... They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. ...