Re: Suspect Modem Activity

Is it normal for the modem lights for flicker for 12-15 mins when i start
the browser and there is not starup url??

This is what is happening at present.

"Jacko" <someone@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hi

When i start my browser, it goes to google, i find that the modem's adsl
light flicker for about 12-15 seconds.

I tried changing from google to yahoo, the same thing seems to happen.

Is there any rat (read virus) on my system.

I tested on other partitions (windows) but that does not happen.

Any ideas, what could be happening

TIA

  • Re: Suspect Modem Activity
    ... "Jacko" wrote in message ... When i start my browser, it goes to google, i find that the modem's adsl light flicker for about 12-15 seconds. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • RE: Internet Explorer 6
    ... I have an issue with IE6, when I move my mouse over ... pictures in my browser they start to flicker. ...