Re: Do HD Partitions Provide Any Security Benefits?

In article <49BFAED4.5F64A7AF@xxxxxxx>, Virus@xxxxxxx says...
On the other hand, wou would benefit more by formatting a drive as FAT32
instead of NTFS (XP can be installed on a fat32 volume, don't know about
vista). From a malware detection and correction / diagnostic / repair
point of view, it's easier to work with FAT32 vs NTFS. The downside is
that your max file size would be "limited" to 4 gb.

And it's not as reliable, and it's not as secure.

drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"
spam999free@xxxxxxxxxx (remove 999 for proper email address)

  • Re: Trojan bifrose removal?
    ... Again, I've spent decades working with Windows operating systems, all of ... It's documented that NTFS is more stable than FAT32, ... Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented worker" is like calling a ...
    (alt.comp.anti-virus)
  • Re: Drive letter boggle
    ... you just have to reinstall sp2 after the repair? ... Also, I'm using FAT32 for ... all drives due to a software issue with NTFS. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Trojan bifrose removal?
    ... backup could exceed the capacity that FAT32 can handle. ... I'll take NTFS over FAT32 every time I get a choice. ... Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented worker" is like calling a ...
    (alt.comp.anti-virus)
  • Re: NTFS and Dos
    ... You know much more about fixing FAT32 than I do. ... write to an NTFS file system. ... >Several utilities and tools can see Long File Names from DOS or DOS ... Three types of LFN support: ...